- Phosphorus Load (Surface Runoff)
- Phosphorus Load in Runoff
- Intermediate Result
- Kilogram (kg)
1. Reduce total annual nutrient and suspended sediment loads as necessary to achieve loading thresholds for tributaries and littoral and pelagic Lake Tahoe.
2. Tributaries - Reduce total annual nutrient and suspended sediment load to achieve loading thresholds for littoral and pelagic Lake Tahoe.
3. Littoral - Reduce the loading of dissolved inorganic nitrogen, dissolved phosphorus, iron, and other algal nutrients from all sources to meet the 1967 to 1971 mean values for phytoplankton primary productivity and periphyton biomass in the littoral zone.
4. Deep Water (Pelagic) Lake Tahoe - Reduce the loading of dissolved phosphorus, iron, and other algal nutrients from all sources as required to achieve ambient standards for primary productivity and transparency.
- Kilograms/year of total phosphorous
- This Indicator is reported in the following LT Info areas:
No Subcategories for this Indicator.
Program Regional Stormwater Monitoring
Monitoring is guided by the RSWMP Framework and Implementation Guidance document. During water year 2014 five catchments were monitored for continuous flow and turbidity and sampled for water quality at eleven monitoring stations: the outfalls of the five selected catchments, and the inflows to and outflows from selected BMPs located in three of those catchments. Three additional catchment outfalls were monitored in water year 2015. The catchments were chosen because of their direct hydrologic connectivity to Lake Tahoe, diversity of urban land uses, range of sizes, and a reasonably equitable distribution among the participating jurisdictions. BMP effectiveness sites were selected because of their potential efficacy in treating storm water runoff characteristic of the Lake Tahoe Basin, and the broad interest in, and lack of conclusive data regarding the efficiency of the selected BMPs in reducing runoff volumes and pollutant loads.
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- California Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board (Lahontan)
- City of South Lake Tahoe (CSLT)
- Douglas County, NV (DGCO)
- El Dorado County, CA (ELDO)
- Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT)
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP)
- Nevada Tahoe Conservation District (NTCD)
- Placer County, CA (PLCO)
- Tahoe Resource Conservation District (Tahoe RCD)
- Washoe County, NV (WACO)
Associated Programs data not provided.